Love, hate and love-hate can be the oddest or the simplest feelings one can have. Here are some of things for which I feel them:
• I love my work, and more so when I complete the work. The tougher the better. Sure sometimes when I get tough things to do it can get taxing and burdening but then when I can get it done with it feels even more invigorating.
• Cats. Cats live the way they want. They’ll play along with you as long as you can amuse them. It is believed that you cannot have a cat; the cat just hangs around as long as it feels so.
• The color blue. Blue is the color of a flame at its highest efficiency. That is why.
• The Statue of liberty. That is one marvelous piece, and is screaming and beaming its meaning and significance out. The lady is carrying a light in one hand and books in another. It is knowledge and reason that you light your way with when you’re lost in the darkness of turmoil.
• Incompetence. I hate the point that people can be incompetent at their work and not do anything about it. SO one may not his or her work but that does not stop them from learning what is needed to do it right. The competent and strong should never have to suffer for the incompetent and weak. That I can at times indulge in it makes me hate it even more.
• Unreasonable people. The thing about unreasonable people is that you cannot reason with them. No matter how much you try, show them the facts and reason but they’ll just refuse to accept things the way they are. Like someone once said, “Never argue with a fool, it becomes difficult to tell who the bigger one is.”
• Leeches/Leechers: People who think that they can leech off people, who produce, create and develop. Life is not about what you want and need but what you deserve. If you cannot earn it then you do not deserve it.
• Respect-standards thing: We’ve been brought up in this section of the world to respect those elder to us. I asked why? Why must my standard of respect be that of age? Just because someone may be older to me does not mean that they will get my respect de facto. Be it relatives, siblings, teachers etc. I mean there are many teachers who I respect solely for the sake of the position they hold by means of being cordial with them but few teachers are there who have my genuine respect for the people they are.
• The thing with mom. I started as a docile and ideal child. Always listening to my elders, well behaved and respectful of others. Then as and when I grew up and started understanding things I started questioning, doubting, and thinking and acting of my own. My mom and I have been brought up differently (and in different environments). Our perception of things and events is different. We are from different schools of thoughts. My mom has mostly a traditional and slightly conservative set of mind. I make my own opinions and decisions. My mom has been through tough times to raise me up (with my dad having died when I was 6 and her in laws being their unscrupulous best). I respect that and adore her for that. But that does not mean I have to agree with her on things, and share her way of thinking. I like my independent way of thinking and working that is based on m perceptions and not on that of others. We get in to heated discussions at times that do not end on an amiable note many times. We’ve found getting along with each other difficult at times.
It’s been a long time since I posted my last blog, but you all can thank her for this one.
4 thoughts on “Love, hate and love-hate”
Wow!!You expressed your heart out over this one:)Oddest?? Naah.. I believe these are the two simplest feelings. That's because they're pure – straight from the heart. The second thoughts around them are complicated. Its as simple as: You love your work. Yeah, on second thoughts, when things get twisty and your brain is in no position to absorb facts – you're irritated by it.The best interpretation I liked:Blue: Colour of flame at its highest efficiency. The best contrast: Statue of Liberty – from the darkness to light – standing in the vast blue all alone with a torch.Finally, Thanks for thanking her; although there was no need. It was just a little selfish attempt to make you bring out something for her to read. :)Keep the charm and keep writing. I'll keep poking occasionally. :)Love,niyati 🙂
@Niyati: Yes, this is a from the heart entry. There is a need for thanking 'her'. The amount of satisfaction i got from this entry came only because of her.
Hrishi, loved this post immensely. 🙂 I can empathize with a lot here too.
hmm thats quite a candid post indeed! i hate incompete ppl as well…sorry bad with animals:)! iluvd the blue talk yu mentioned..first time here.. cyu often then…tcHaRy